This seminar took place in the framework of the Summer Seminars, organised by the Party of the European Left (EL) and transform! europe.
Could Marine Le Pen possibly win next year’s French presidential elections? This is a question that concerns every progressive European as a Rassemblement National victory would have a decisive impact on the future of the EU. This seminar is dedicated to the discussion of strategies against the far right. The main questions include:
- Is the Cordon sanitaire against the far-right about to be broken through and how can broad alliances be established?
- What is the composition of the far-right electorate?
- What is the role of historical revisionism in the rise of the far-right?
- How are other political forces and the far-right connected and which makes its discourse so powerful?
- And, last but not least, what is the role of profit interests behind the rise of the far-right and what can we learn from the historical fascism theories?
Introduction and moderation:
- Walter Baier, transform! europe board member of transform.at (Austria)
- Eszter Bartha, associate professor at Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) of Budapest, focusing on right-wing populism in East Germany and Hungary (Hungary)
- Kate Hudson, national officer of Left Unity, board member of transform.uk (United Kingdom)
- Gala Kabbaj, researcher at Espaces Marx, transform!europe facilitator working group on the strategies against the far right (France)
English, French, Spanish (simultanous interpretation)
Please find here the full programme of the Summer Seminars
[EN] "¡No pasarán!": Antifascism in Europe today - EL Summer Seminars- Séminaires d'été du PGE
[FR] "¡No pasarán!" l'antifascisme en Europe aujourd'hui - Séminaires d'été du PGE