Re-founding the European Union?
- Let us recall first of all the principal stages envisaged for the process that is supposed to lead to the future European Treaty:
On July 23, 2007, the ministers of foreign relations of the “27” met...
- The purpose of left politics is to encourage and convince people to work together in solidarity for their interests and for those of the underprivileged. Left politics tries democratically to reduce...
- Article 4, one of the most important articles of the 1957 Treaty of Rome, obliges the member states to create a common market, and strongly commits the state to the mechanism of the market.
- The Left was always internationalist. We wish to end the threat of war and the subordination of poor and weak states to the rich and powerful ones. We accept neither social and humanitarian...
- The failure of the project of the European political and technocratic elites to constitutionalise of the European Union (EU) obliges us to reconsider the foundations and the process of the political...
Κις φαν ντερ Πιλ
- The European Left today is a force in retreat. With only a few exceptions and with no real programme, the political formations to the left of mainstream Social Democracy in the European Union have...
- ”The ‘European social model‘ is still in its infancy. The European left could make this its hallmark, its joint project if only it has the will.“ (Michael Krätke)
1. Two main propositions are...
- Tradition has it that back in the good old days the world was much easier to understand. During the Cold War two ideologically hostile camps faced each other over the Berlin Wall, barbed wire fences...
- It would be interesting, to say the least, to know if the political, economic, social and cultural system of what is called the European Union was what the first advocates of the Pan-European concept...
- Globalisation is itself nothing new in human history. However, in the last 20 years, due to the collapse of actually-existing socialism and the rapid pace of development of information technologies...
- Europe is shifting into greater public view. On the one hand, party political actors are announcing that social Europe is our democratic answer to globalisation. On the other hand, the process of the...
- The European Union is currently negotiating Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs), with 77 States in Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific (ACP). For the past three decades, ACP countries have had...