Friday, 1.2. 2013
Session 1: Logics and breaks in the neoliberal european policies, political trends in Europe: de-democratisation and separation? Which reaction are to be examined?
- Brigitte Unger: „The national and European strategies of ruling politics dealing with the crisis, of austerity“ (Hans-Boeckler Foundation)
- Frieder Otto Wolf: „The political development in Europe: Breaks between EU-countries; trends of re-nationalisation, of de-democratisation.“
15:45-16:00 Coffee Break
Session 2: Social circumstances, social movements, power relations in the European countries
- Steffen Lehndorff: Introductory Overview
- Plenary with Ricardo Kirchhoff on the situation in Spain, Leo Seserko on the situation in Slovenia and (NN) Northern Europe
- 3 Working Groups (with guests from several European countries)
From 19:30 Celebration of Frieder Otto Wolf’s 70th Birthday
Saturday , 2.2.2013
- First conclusions by Walter Baier and Elisabeth Gautier (transform! europe)
Session 3: „Alternatives for a social and democratic Europe - chances for a mobilisation on national and European levels“
- Trevor Evans (Berlin School of Economics and Law): „Alternatives to austerity policies: pact of solidarity for a sustainable growth, redistribution, social security, democratisation of economy“
- Annelie Buntenbach (DGB-federal board) and Hans-Jürgen Urban (IG-Metall): „Unions' perspectives in European policies, unions' resistance“
- Plenary Discussion: „Chances for a national and European movement“ with Frank Bsirske (Verdi), Leo Seserko, Richard Kirchhoff etc.
- Dieter Scholz: Closing remarks
The Conference will be held in German.